Our good plans for the summer
Written by Yves Leccia, published in
Dear "mainlanders" visiting our Island of Beauty, this year we are making your work easier! We are providing you with a list of restaurants, hotels, grocery shops and straw huts that you should not miss during your stay. These are partners of the estate: you will be able to taste our wines while enjoying your holiday to the full!
1. Restaurant Morganti : or how to fully enjoy the pleasures of Cap Corse! For fans of lobster, this is the place-to-be. In the shade of the mulberry trees you can enjoy the fruits of the local catch, especially with the house speciality: the royal bouillabaisse!
20217, Ogliastro | +33 (0)4 95 37 85 10
2. Stella d'Ora : Are you aficionados of the south of the island? You MUST go to Stella d'Oro; a restaurant nestled in the upper town of Bonifacio. Chill out in the old cellar dating back to 1806 and enjoy rustic and authentic cuisine. Bonifacian aubergine, stuffed mussels, spaghetti with lobster... The recipes of yesteryear are present! The little plus: the warm service of Anna Ettoni.
20169, Bonifacio | +33 (0)4 95 73 03 63
3. La Gaffe : This year La Gaffe has a new look but the quality of the dishes remains the same! The restaurant located on the port of Saint-Florent is essentially inspired by the products of the sea! We are not talking about the magnificent cellar in the basement where the old vintages can't even be counted anymore! Last week, La Gaffe was honoured by the famous WineSpectator, placing the restaurant among the best wine lists... in the world! Congratulations!
20217, Saint Florent | +33 (0)4 95 37 00 12
4. Hotel version Macquis : Have a look at the website... Not sure we need to say more? Pure luxury with Hotel version of the Citadel Macquis in Bonifacio! We are bluffed by the decor; macquis and citadel as a backdrop. What more could you ask for?
20169, Bonifacio | +33 (0)4 95 71 05 30
5. Aux Vents d'Anges : This time it's in Haute Corse that we recommend you make a stopover. For those who prefer a dinner at home or a picnic, you can stock up at Les Vents d'Anges, a wine cellar and delicatessen on the Ile de Rousse. In addition to its exceptional products, the team will give you their advice with passion. The establishment also offers themed evenings throughout the summer. In short, this is the place to be if you have a small appetite ;-)
20220, L'ïle Rousse | +33 (0)4 95 47 66 18
6. Hotel La Villa : How about a dinner at the Michelin-starred restaurant of the Hotel La Villa Calvi? The chef, Jérôme Voltzenlagel, welcomes you to La Table, with a cuisine highlighting the flavours of the land, presented in colourful dishes! This summer, he has decided to put the Mediterranean in the spotlight. FRESHNESS & GOODNESS are his watchwords. And if not, there are 5 swimming pools waiting for you at the hotel. That's all there is to it...
20260, Calvi | +33(0)4 95 65 10 10
7. Le Pirate : Jean-Pierre Ricci warmly welcomes you to this rehabilitated former boat garage. Enjoy the breathtaking view while tasting the starred cuisine of chef Jeff Monmession. Yes, we're talking about Le Pirate restaurant in the pretty village of Erbalunga (known to inspire painters!). Here, the menu changes every day according to the market, the service is particularly meticulous and we have a crush on the creamy risotto of octopus with squid ink.
20222, Erbalunga | +33 (0)4 95 33 24 20
8. Hotel Les Mouettes : If you are in Ajaccio for the holidays, we highly recommend the Hotel Les Mouettes... A real charm! The young chef, Alexis Vergmory, has been in charge of the kitchens of the restaurant, A Terrazza, since recently. In addition to creating ultra photogenic dishes (which has earned him notoriety on Instagram under the pseudonym @Cuisinaddicte), Alexis offers a generous and fresh cuisine.
20000 Ajaccio | +33 (0)4 95 50 40 40
9. La Playa Baggio : We are lounging on the private beach of Playa Baggio in Porto Vecchio. It's simple: it's just heavenly! The hut offers you everything you need to have a perfect time!
20137 Porto-Vecchio | +33 (0)6 23 43 27 63
10. Scotto grocery shop : You don't want to leave our beautiful island empty-handed? The Scotto grocery shop, the (very, very) fine grocery shop in St Florent, is full of local treasures!
20217 Saint-Florent | +33 (0)4 95 37 00 47
11. Hotel Tomino : A moment of weightlessness on the private terraces of the Hotel Tomino, a 4-star hotel in the heart of Cap Corse. You will dominate the port of Macinaggio and enjoy the exceptional panorama, between sea and mountains. As for the gatsronomy, you have the possibility to share a dinner for two on your private terrace, and that's GREAT!
20248 Tomino | +33 (0)4 95 46 35 98
12. Le Vin 137 : We have a real passion for this place! Wine bar and delicatessen, Vin137 is just perfect for an evening in Porto Vecchio. The owner of the place organises evenings where music reigns: sometimes DJ, sometimes singing or guitar. The styles vary but the atmosphere is always perfect. Not to mention the impeccable quality of the products.
20137, Porto-Vecchio | +33 (0)4 95 53 63 59